1. Students who have a scheduling problem (i.e. a class the student has already passed, or must have for graduation or promotion) must make schedule changes during the first week of the semester at the unit office.
2. Students who have a failing grade in a class may drop the class anytime before initial progress report with the written approval of principal, teacher, and parents. No grade will appear on the transcript for classes dropped before initial progress report.
3. Students who are failing a class at the end of the first grading period in a semester class and who have no chance to pass the class may drop the class with the written permission of principal, teacher, and parents. A grade of F for the class with 1/2 credit attempted will be recorded on the transcript. Students who are failing a class at the end of the first semester may drop the class with the written permission of the principal, teacher, and parents with a grade of F for the class and the loss of 1 credit. The student will be assigned to study hall or if possible in a ½ credit class second semester.
4. Students may not drop a class that they are passing.
5. Students will not be assigned to the same class with a different teacher without the written permission of both teachers and the unit principal.
6. Any student removed from a class because of disciplinary problems will receive a failing grade for the class.