Media Center Procedures –
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Reference books are checked out for one day by faculty and staff.
- Students are not limited on the number of books to be checked out at one time; however, they may not check out all of the books on a specific topic at one time.
- No gum, food, drinks in the media center at any time.
- There is a fee for an overdue book of 5 cents each day. Exception – School holidays, breaks, and snow days. If lost or damaged, the book must be replaced at current pricings.
- When students come to the media center, they must have a pass signed by a teacher if they are not with their class. Students should write their name on the sign-in notebook. The time and date is noted on the pad. When students leave, they should sign out.
- Current and back issues of periodicals must stay in the library/media center.
The vision of the Preston Media Center is to provide current information and resources to assist students in their quest for success.