Media Center Procedures –
- Books are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Reference books are checked out for one day by faculty and staff.
- Students are not limited on the number of books to be checked out at one time; however, they may not check out all of the books on a specific topic at one time.
- No gum, food, drinks in the media center at any time.
- There is a fee for an overdue book of 5 cents each day. Exception – School holidays, breaks, and snow days. If lost or damaged, the book must be replaced at current pricings.
- When students come to the media center, they must have a pass signed by a teacher if they are not with their class. Students should write their name on the sign-in notebook. The time and date is noted on the pad. When students leave, they should sign out.
- No AV equipment, video or DVD can be checked out by students, only faculty and staff members.
- Students may use the Internet while in the media center if their current Internet contract is on file in the unit office. Also computers are to be used for classroom projects or privileges will be denied.
- Prices for media center services are as follows: photo/printer copies color/ black & white 10 cents; transparencies 25 cents.
- Current and back issues of periodicals must stay in the library/media center.
The vision of the Preston Media Center is to provide current information and resources to assist students in their quest for success.